As of March 2022, iButtons are no longer being used in consoles with software version 10.C or later. The software features will be stored directly on the CPU Boards. The CPU Boards will still have a socket for the iButton but will have a “NOT USED” decal included (see image below).
IMPORTANT: The iButton is still needed for consoles with software version 10.B or prior.
All TLS-450PLUS & TLS4 Series Consoles
CPU Board Replacement
- Software version 10.C or later will no longer use the iButton.
- Software version 10.B or prior will continue to use the iButton and it must be moved to the new CPU.
Replacement iButtons are no longer available.
- TLS-450PLUS consoles with defective iButtons will require the new CPU and software version 10.C or later.
- TLS4 Series consoles with defective iButtons do not require replacing the CPU but must be upgraded to software version 10.C or later.
Migrating a TLS-450 to a TLS-450PLUS Console
Migration kits are no longer available for purchase. Last time buy was December 31, 2021. However, if you have a migration kit, follow these steps to migrate a TLS-450 to a TLS-450PLUS console.
- Create a backup of the TLS-450 using the thumb drive provided in the kit.
- Install the new CPU and SD card.
IMPORTANT: Do not move iButton to the new CPU.
- Restore the TLS-450 back-up into the TLS-450PLUS.
Note: In some circumstances, a “Media Access Error” may occur but will clear once the database restore is complete.
- Contact Veeder-Root Technical Support at +1.800.323.1799 for additional help or questions.
- Learn more about the TLS-450PLUS & TLS4 Series consoles on our website.