The following technical support notification provides a checklist and guidance for use when performing an annual check on Red Jacket Submersible Turbine Pumps. Only certified contractors should install or service Veeder-Root products. Download the technical support notification as a PDF.
Pressurized Line Leak Detection (PLLD) monitors line pressure to detect leaks. This technical support notification is intended to help a certified technician troubleshoot a Gross Line Failure (3.0 gph). The TLS-450PLUS and TLS-350 consoles automatically run a gross line test after the completion of a dispense, when all handle signals are off. Depending on the console’s software features and programming, additional tests (periodic – 0.2 gph and annual – 0.1 gph) will be performed following a gross test pass.
The instructions below are to be used in conjunction with the PLLD & WPLLD Troubleshooting Guide (577013-344).
During a gross test, the pump turns on and the console records the pressure (Pon). Then, the pump turns off and two additional pressure readings (P1 and P2) are recorded. If the pressure drops below 12 psi, the gross line test fails, and an alarm will be displayed.
- Check for visible leaks – STP sump and under all dispensers.
- Verify the tank is not out of fuel. An empty tank will prevent a line from properly pressurizing.
- Check for other alarms on the console. Depending on console programming, other alarms might prevent a manual gross line test from running.
- Check the line’s pressure.
Accessing PLLD Records
Menu > Diagnostics > PLLD > 3.0 gph Tests
This screen displays the five most recent passes and five most recent fails per line.
- Press MODE for DIAG MODE
- FUNCTION to PRESSURE LINE LEAK DIAG
- STEP to 3.0 DIAG
- Press PRINT
The printout will display the five most recent passes and fails for the line selected.
- Run a manual gross line test.
Possible Causes for Each Example: